Two Become One

Friday, September 9, 2011

TGIF

It has been entirely too long since I've posted on here - things have been so busy with school starting up!  Jeff has started working at Akins Whole Foods Market and is moving up to a manager position in the next couple of weeks - what a blessing that will be!  He works late most nights, so I've been going to different aerobics classes at UCO in the evenings.  School is going great!  I will know whether or not I will graduate in May by next week at this time - fingers crossed! 

Today has already been a great Friday.  I had an early morning work out, talked to my mom for about half an hour, and got in an hour of homework.  In a little bit, I'm going to pick up my prints and coffee table album from our wedding - and of course have a Sonic date with Mrs. Caitlin Boswell! 

I am so excited for the weekend.  Last weekend was fun, but completely unproductive.  This morning has already been productive and so I am feeling a sense of accomplishment. 

God has really been moving in the kids that I work with.  I am seeing such improvements with many of my older kids, and I am so excited for what God has planned for their lives!

On a more serious note, I am so confused about God's plan for others.  Jeff and I's marriage is amazing, and we've never been happier.  So many people say that things change once you get married but, except for now living together, our relationship has only grown deeper.  And yet so many people we know are having severe marital, familial, and life difficulties revolving around their relationships.  It breaks my heart to see people breaking a covenant that they not only made with one another but also with God.  Though people may not be breaking their marriage, they are breaking their convenant "to love and support" one another.  I want everyone to have an amazing marriage, as Jeff and I have been blessed with, and to realize what it means to love one another through thick-and-thin, not talking bad about each other, and supporting one another through the good times and the bad. 

My prayers go out to all of those who are struggling right now.

I have been really working on becoming a good housewife (even though I also work).  I am TRYING to keep this house clean pretty much always (although it is definitely not always clean) and I have been trying all kinds of new recipes.  My favorite cooking website is skinnytaste.com.  They have the most delicious food and all the recipes are health recipes.  I made chocolate chip cookies this week - and they were well worth the expense of the necessary ingredients!

Here's the link if you want to try them!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/best-low-fat-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Pictures of the house and family coming soon!

With love!

1 comment:

  1. Just realized we had a Sonic date but we didn't even get Sonic drinks. What is WRONG with us?? Haha I feel ridiculous. But it was lovely to see you my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete