Two Become One

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

Oh, what a week - and it's only Tuesday! 

Yesterday was Bible Club at Will Rogers.  It went really well - especially because it was an open house so we had a lot of potential volunteers present!  During large group, I told a testimony about Jake and about how, when you don't do what God wants you to do, there can be consequences.  (I left out the part that he  chose to leave this world and just said that, because he chose to do drugs, he died young.)  That was really hard and I almost lost it in front of the kids, but they are so sweet and sensitive.  The young girl who, last week, asked me for a Bible started crying because she was so sad for me.  She's seven - I was so proud of her.  In my small group, one of the older girls had gotten into a fight at school so we had a really good conversation about when it's okay and not okay to fight.  I think it's really starting to click, which is great since we've been working on it over six months.

I left work with a serious migraine, and Rio and I went to bed pretty quickly after I got home.  At 5:15 a.m. I woke up and realized my sweet husband STILL hadn't come to bed - he came straight home and started working on homework.  Bless his heart.

This morning I got up and had my first Guidance exam - I am extremely excited because I'm pretty sure I made an A.  Yay!

Off to work soon - excited to see what the rest of the week holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment